» The search for our travel home Follow our Journey
Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:56 am by Steve

Keywords

Problems on the Road

Steve
Admin

Problems on the Road

Post by Steve

All 3 slides and the auto-level jacks are operated on this unit by one motor. This motor drives the hydraulics and it quit. The coach had brand new Batteries all over in late June but the house batteries fell to hold a good charge and our batteries died after less than an hour of using a few lights.

In a parking lot with NO manuals (The coach was missing all its books) and limited tool's I found the negitive post cable less than finger tight so I checked all connectors on the batteries charged them up but they sagged in current fast the next day under a small load test. We were able to exchange them for new batteries due to the warranty the next day and those DC current Gremlins disappeared.
However the hydraulic motor was still bad, the solenoid hits hard and proper and If I help by spinning the motor by the bypass plug the motor will try to spin.
I was able to get the gear up using the wife bumping the switch and me spinning the drive motor and babying the motor to run the jacks up.The conculsion is the brushes in the drive motor are bad or one side stuck.

We called Thor and they helped us retrieve electronic manuals and we have printed and made books.

My Hat is off to Tom Overton at Thor technical as he is worth his weight in gold to us owners new or used as he made every effort to support our issues on the road. In fact, all of the Thor staff has been great to us.

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:30 pm